1. On Earth, an ocean is one of the major conventional divisions of the World Ocean, which around 71% of the planet’s surface.
2. 5 main Oceans (by area) are: Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern (Antarctic), and Arctic Oceans.
3. Average salinity of all ocean is 35% while Lake Van (Turkey) with 330% salinity is most saline water body.
4. The Sea without coastline is Sargasso Sea.
5. Indian salt industries is located in Gujarat Coast as West coast is more saline than east coast of India.
6. Corals are small sea animal, when they dies their exoskeletons get deposited and form coral islands over years.
7. Ocean currents are the vertical or horizontal movement of both surface and deep water throughout the world’s oceans.
8. Warm Current includes: Florida Current, Gulf stream, Brazilian current, South equatorial current, North equatorial current etc.
9. Cold current includes: Labrador current, Falkland current, Californian Current, West wind drift, Oyashio, Alaskan current etc.
10. Territorial waters extend for 12 nautical miles from coast line.
11. Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) are for 200 nautical miles.
12. High seas or free water starts beyond 200 nautical miles